Skip to content
Gingery Mango Meatballs
- Pickapeppa Gingery Mango Sauce – 5 ounce bottle
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 2/3 cup crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 egg 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- .1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks – drained, with juice reserved
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg, milk, ginger and salt. Shape mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place meatballs in skillet and cook until evenly brown, and meat is no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce and Pickapeppa Gingery Mango Sauce – 5 ounce bottle
- Mix until smooth, then pour into the skillet with meatballs. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green pepper and pineapple chunks. Heat through.
- Enjoy Hot!!